I tried to wrap up my Lessons Learned presentation on a positive note: what are some of the things you can do to avoid all the traps and pitfalls I encountered in the almost four decades of working in networking industry:
- Get invited to architecture and design meetings when a new application project starts.
- Always try to figure out what the underlying actual business needs are.
- Just because you can doesn’t mean that you should.
- Keep it as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- Work with your peers and explain how networking works and why you face certain limitations.
- Humans are not perfect – automate as much as it makes sense, but no more.
You’ll need a Free ipSpace.net Subscription to watch the video.