Technology Resources » BGP Articles
Ivan Pepelnjak wrote a series of articles describing various BGP features in early 2000s. Some of those articles have been rescued from Internet Archive, updated, and migrated to ipSpace.net web site:
Even More Blog Posts
These blog posts cover interesting BGP features:
- Packet Forwarding and Routing over Unnumbered Interfaces
- BGP-Free MPLS Core with Segment Routing
- Unexpected Interactions Between OSPF and BGP
- How Important is BGP RPKI?
- IBGP, IGP Metrics, and Administrative Distances
- Unequal-Cost Multipath with BGP DMZ Link Bandwidth
- Why Do We Need BGP-LS?
- Worth Exploring: Pluginized Protocols
- Must Read: Redistributing Full BGP Feed into OSPF
- Can We Trust BGP Next Hops (Part 1)?
- Can We Trust BGP Next Hops (Part 2)?
- Response: Next-Hop and VTEP Reachability in EVPN Networks
- BGP as High Availability Protocol
- Using BGP for Firewall High Availability: Design and Software Upgrades
- Tuning BGP Convergence in High-Availability Firewall Cluster Design
- Rant: Some Internet Service Providers Should Really Know Better...
- Redundant BGP Connectivity on a Single ISP Connection
You might also want to listen to these podcasts:
- FreeRTR Deep Dive on Software Gone Wild
- BGP Navel Gazing on Software Gone Wild
- Podcast: Trusting Routing Protocols
- Podcast: BGP in Public Cloud Revisited
- OpenBGPD with Claudio Jeker on Software Gone Wild
Next: Default Routes in BGP