A few weeks ago we published an interesting discussion on network operating system details based on an excellent set of questions by James Miles.
- How hard is it to virtualize network devices?
- What is the expected performance degradation?
- Does it make sense to use containers to do that?
- What are the operational implications of running virtual network devices?
- What will be the impact on hardware vendors and networking engineers?
And of course we couldn’t avoid the famous last question: “Should network engineers program network devices?”