However, there’s a slight gotcha if you use Git with Markdown: whenever you change something, the whole line (and using tools like IA Writer a whole paragraph is a single line) is marked as changed, for example:
Git has an interesting feature for scenarios like this: the word-diff option that tries to compare words not lines. Using that option on a Markdown text gives you more meaningful results:
We’re almost there. Git has identified the part of the text that has been changed, but did not correctly identify the actual change made because it considers only whitespaces to be word delimiters, so it seems like I changed
Changing the definition of what words are with word-diff-regex option fixes that and identifies the actual change I made to the text.