In June 2017, we concluded the Building Next Generation Data Center online course with a roundtable discussion with Andrew Lerner, Research Vice President, Networking, and Simon Richard, Research Director, Data Center Networking @ Gartner.
- How do you move from a single central box (load balancer or firewall) to a more distributed and resilient architecture?
- How do we move from the overly large L2 domains so popular in some data center environments toward a more sane and resilient network architecture?
- Does VXLAN help to reduce the layer-2 failure domains?
- Have we started moving from high availability implemented within the infrastructure to highly-available application architectures?
- Does vMotion between data centers make sense? Where?
- What happened to SDN and whitebox switches?
- Does the pure SDN architecture make sense?
- Who is using whitebox or britebox switches?
- What software are the whitebox customers deploying?
- How much could you save with whitebox switches?
- Is anyone running containers in production?
- How do you get a container system that’s fit for production use?
We migrated our blog a few days ago, and the commenting functionality is not there yet. In the meantime please find our content on LinkedIn and comment there.