During our summer team-building podcast we agreed it would be fun to record a few episodes along the “how do I become a programmer” theme and figured out that Elisa Jasinska would be a perfect first candidate.
A few weeks ago we finally got together and started our chat with campfire stories remembering how we got started with networking and programming.
Other topics of the podcast include:
- What formal education would help you become a programmer?
- Which programming language would you use and why would it be Perl?
- How could you combine network-related work with programming?
- Why does that make perfect sense, and why one might slide more and more toward programming.
- How being a network operations engineer and a programmer enhances your career options?
- How could a hard-code networking engineer start moving into programming?
- Why it’s useful to start with an existing open-source project and modify it to fit your needs.
On the other hand, if you want to build a network automation solution without becoming a programmer, enroll into my online course.