I thought that 2017 would be a year of the cloud, but that was not to be – I was too busy creating network automation and data center content.
I plan to fix that in 2018, and do a series of cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (which is just a fancy name for private cloud) webinars covering VMware NSX, Cisco ACI, and AWS Networking.
EVPN deep dive that I kept promising for quite a while is already scheduled, with the first session on March 6th.
We might also do a deep dive into Kubernetes and a major overhaul of Docker webinars to cover the recent developments.
Finally, I’m getting tons of questions on data models, so I plan to do a webinar on Data Models and Data Stores.
New Content in Existing Webinars
The final chapters of the Leaf-and-Spine Fabrics saga are scheduled for March 29th.
Network Automation Use Cases webinar is getting new sections, starting with Intent-based Networking which might turn into an independent webinar if some of my more daring plans come through. More about this one a bit later.
We’ll add content describing individual open-source tools (starting with Git) to the Network Automation Tools webinar.
Refreshes and Updates
I have tons of ideas about thing that could be improved, but only limited amount of time to do them. Anyway, here’s the full list:
- Choose the Optimal VPN Service is getting a total makeover in late January.
- Data Center Interconnects also needs it, and Introduction to Virtual Networking could benefit from another refresh.
- I could talk more about distributed storage in Designing Private Cloud Infrastructure webinar.
- Overlay Virtual Networking needs an update of the hardware VTEP section, and VXLAN Deep Dive needs more information on EVPN or a pointer to the EPVN webinar… my life became so much simpler when we decided to stop offering individual products.
- It would be fun to add more SDN use cases, but I haven’t seen anything major appearing in the last 2 years. Have I missed an interesting new SDN use case? Please write a comment.