DNS is a crucial component in modern scale-out application architectures, so when Alex Vayl and Kris Beevers from NSONE contacted me just as I was starting to work on my Active-Active Data Centers presentation, I was more than interested to hear what their solution can do.
- The history of DNS server evolution, from simple BIND-based servers to database-based solutions;
- How can you measure service availability without deploying agents on servers?
- How can you get around the well-known problems of DNS-based geolocation?
- How do you reconcile the geolocation data used by DNS with routing realities of Internet?
- How can you use end-user browsers as monitoring agents?
- Why are most managed DNS name servers still not using IPv6?