ipSpace.net Subscription for System Administrators
One of our subscribers sent me this question:
I am a system administrator working primarily on server/storage virtualization. How would you recommend I take full advantage of the subscription while not being in networking full-time?
Let’s start with the webinars focused on technologies and fundamentals:
- If you’re interested in networking fundamentals, go through the first part of How Networks Really Work — stop when you feel it’s turning into a deep dive.
- As a sysadmin, you probably work within a data center environment. Data Center Infrastructure for Networking Engineers is another fundamentals-focused webinar worth exploring.
- Involved in multi-site DC deployments? Check out the Data Center Interconnects and Designing Active-Active and Disaster Recovery Data Centers.
- On the storage side, there’s Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Deep Dive and The Network Impact of NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF).
On the product side:
- If you still work with VMware products, watch Introduction to Virtualized Networking, vSphere 6 Networking Deep Dive and VMware NSX Technical Deep Dive.
- Exposed to containers or Docker? Start with Introduction to Docker, continue with Docker Networking Deep Dive and Docker Security, and when you want to get really confused dive into Kubernetes Networking.
- You might get pushed into Cisco ACI. There’s Cisco ACI Introduction and Cisco ACI Deep Dive.
- You might not care about network automation, but you might be using Ansible. Just ignore the networking-related parts of Ansible for Networking Engineers webinar ;)
Going to cloud? Start with Introduction to Cloud Computing and Cloud Security. If you’re using AWS or Azure, you might enjoy Amazon Web Services Networking or Microsoft Azure Networking.
IPv6? There’s plenty of material there, from getting started to transition technologies. Finally, you might want to learn a bit of math: graph theory, reliability theory, queueing, and related algorithms.
Heard enough? All that is just a few clicks (and a credit card) away.