TL&DR: If you want to test BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, or SR-MPLS in a virtual lab, you might build the lab faster with netsim-tools release 0.6.
In the netsim-tools release 0.6 I focused on adding routing protocol functionality:
- IS-IS on Cisco IOS/IOS XE, Cisco NX-OS, Arista EOS, FRR, and Junos.
- BGP on the same set of platforms, including support for multiple autonomous systems, EBGP, IBGP full mesh, IBGP with route reflectors, next-hop-self control, and BGP/IGP interaction.
- Segment Routing with MPLS on Cisco IOS XE and Arista EOS.
You’ll also get:
- Support for FRR running in Docker containers under containerlab (release 0.6.1).
- Passive and external interfaces in OSPF;
- Strict checking of configuration module parameters (so you won’t chase invisible typos);
- An Ansible playbook that creates configuration snippets in a local directory instead of deploying them to lab devices.