There’s one more thing I feel needs to be done before I go for that coffee break: a webinar focusing on network automation concepts (as opposed to replacing Excel with YAML and Ansible or Becoming a Python Coder). Here’s a rough list of concepts I think should be in there:
- Data models and data stores
- Data model transformations
- Single source of truth
- Abstraction layers
On the processes side I’ll cover:
- Infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
- Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Orchestration systems and APIs
And just for the giggles I’ll share my opinion on these “revolutionary” concepts:
- Intent-based networking
- Imperative and declarative APIs
The slide deck for Data Models and Data Stores section is already online, the first live session will take place in early February 2021.
- Updated the webinar description based on comments received on this blog post, in emails, and on LinkedIn. Thank you all!