During the last weeks I migrated the whole my.ipspace.net site (apart from the workgroup administration pages) to the new ipSpace.net design. Most of the changes should be transparent (apart from the pages looking better than before ;); I also made a few more significant changes:
- User profile editing got a dedicated page accessible through the my profile button in the top menu bar. You can change all profile parameters and review your transactions and live session registrations on that page;
- You can remove free services (including free subscription and mailing list membership) from the profile page;
- All users get the same starting page regardless of their subscription status (but a few tabs are missing if you don't have a free or paid subscription);
- Clicking on a video name in a webinar/course materials page results in video being played in the browser window. You can still click the download icon to download the video.
- Various ways of accessing free content have been merged - the content.ipspace.net site is gone, as is the awkward behavior where the same link would give you different results based on whether you're logged in or not;
- Course- or webinar-related messages are displayed on separate pages, not in dialog boxes;
- Finally, I added help to top menu bar with links to various FAQ documents.
We just rolled the new design in production - if you hit any bugs, please let us know.
During the summer break, I’m publishing blog posts about the projects I’m working on – as you can see, they include web site maintenance and other janitorial tasks. Regular blog posts will return in autumn.