If you plan to attend the Troopers 2014 conference in two weeks, don’t forget to include my full-day SDN workshop on Tuesday in your agenda (the Troopers conference is sold out, but you can still register for the workshop). The topics of the workshop will include:
- Why do we need SDN and what is it?
- OpenFlow, its advantages, drawbacks and scalability challenges;
- Typical OpenFlow and SDN deployment considerations;
- Real-life SDN use cases, both OpenFlow- and non-OpenFlow ones;
- Network function virtualization;
- Software-defined data centers.