Remember how Nick Buraglio tried to use OpenDaylight to build a small part of SuperComputing conference network… and ended up with a programmable patch panel?
We started with the usual “what problem were you trying to solve” and quickly started teasing apart the architecture and got geekily focused on interesting things like:
- How do you integrate Faucet with external autonomous systems?
- How did they automate Faucet configuration generation from conference-wide database?
- How stable is Faucet?
- What hardware can you run Faucet on?
- How could you do network monitoring with Faucet?
- How do you implement highly-available cluster of Faucet controllers?
- What are the limits of OpenFlow-based networks?
- What switches can you use with Faucet and what are the minimum requirements to have a usable OpenFlow switch?