Articles » Ansible-Related Content
Most network engineers attending Building Network Automation Solutions online course decide to use Ansible to create their first network automation solution. A few of them are described on our blog, you can find many more in our Network Automation Solutions Showcase:
- Automate Remote Site Hardware Refresh Process
- Create IP Multicast Tree Graphs from Operational Data
- Configuration Templating Could Be a Huge Win
- Automate End-to-End Latency Measurements
- Create Network Diagram from LLDP Neighbor Information
- Sample Solution: Automating L3VPN Deployments
- Automating 802.1x (Part One)
- Automation Solution: Create Switch Stack Reports
Solving Interesting Challenges
You might find these tips and tricks useful while trying to master Ansible in network automation environment.
- Collect SSH Keys with an Ansible Playbook
- Creating Ansible Inventory from Vagrant SSH Configuration
- Optimizing Environment Setup in Ansible Playbooks
- Parsing Text Printouts within Ansible Playbooks
- Running Ansible in a Vagrant-Controlled Virtual Machine
- Sample Ansible-Based Network Automation Solutions
- Transforming XML Data in Ansible
- Use FOR-IF Construct in Jinja2 Loops
- Useful Network Automation Tools
- Using NAPALM with Ansible
Does Ansible Make Sense?
As you probably know, Ivan has some strong opinions. Here are some of his Ansible-related ones:
- Network Automation Is Much More than Configuration Management
- How Do I Start Automating Network Device Configurations in an Existing Network?
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt? Which One Should I Use?
- Paramiko, Netmiko, NAPALM or Nornir?
- Looking for a Tool to Create Device Configurations from Templates
- Network Automation and Undifferentiated Heavy Lifting
- You Don’t Need Programming Skills to Build Network Automation Solutions
- Text Files or Relational Database?
- Measure Twice, Cut Once: Ansible net_interface
Even More Blog Posts
These blog posts could also be interesting:
- Ansible versus Puppet in Initial Device Provisioning
- How Do You Get Information from Network Devices?
- Upgrade Network Device Software with Ansible Playbook
- Not So Fast Ansible, Cisco IOS Can’t Keep Up…
- Collect SSH Keys with Ansible
- Avoid Write-Only Code
- Navigating Complex Data Structures in Ansible Playbooks
- Push Configuration Snippet to a Bunch of Cisco IOS Devices
- Generating OSPF, BGP and MPLS/VPN Configurations from Network Data Model