We have a network with two data centers (connected with a DCI link). How could we ensure the applications in a data center stay reachable even if all local Internet links fail?
In the following short video I’m trying to explain what the problem is, and what a potential solution might look like. You'll find more details here.
Related blog posts
Todd Hoff wrote a great in-depth commentary of this video that you absolutely have to read.
And here are a few other relevant blog posts:
- High-level design document in ipSpace solutions corner
- Distributed firewalls – how badly do you want to fail?
- Long-distance vMotion for disaster avoidance? Do the math first!
- Is layer-3 DCI safe?
- Stretched layer-2 subnets – the server engineer perspective
- Layer-2 DCI and the infinite wisdom of ACM Queue