One of my readers was trying to find interesting vendor-independent network conferences in Europe. Here are a few I could recommend, please leave your feedback and additional suggestions in the comments!
- If you’re working in service provider environment (also if you’re a large e-commerce provider or content provider), RIPE is the must-attend conference. RIPE is also running a series of regional meetings (not sure how good those are);
- Troopers is a fantastic conference, but focused more on security (they do have IPv6-focused days and I’m running SDN/SDDC workshops during Troopers, so you can do some non-beer-focused networking as well);
- Gabi Gerber is organizing boutique events in Switzerland – if you’re anywhere close, make sure you’ll be at the SDN event in a few days and at the Data Center day in September;
- Interop is coming to London this year;
- Tech Unplugged seems to be another interesting event;
- There are regional IPv6 events – I’m aware of those in Switzerland and Slovenia;
- In-country Network Operator Groups (NOGs) sometimes organize their own conferences. PLNOG is huge, but unfortunately at least half of the talks – including slides – were in Polish language … and if you happen to be in Slovenia at the right time, you’re always most welcome at SINOG (Slovenian NOG).
I’m positive I’ve missed a number of other smaller events – do leave a comment or two.