- Use point-to-multipoint network type on the hub router to ensure the hub router is always the IP next hop for the DMVPN routes.
- Use point-to-multipoint network type on the spoke routers to ensure the OSPF timers match with the hub router.
- The DMVPN part of your network should be a separate OSPF area; if at all possible, make it a stub or NSSA area.
- If absolutely needed, use OSPF LSA flood filter on the hub router and a static default route on the spokes.
The Phase 1 DMVPN section of the DMVPN: from Basics to Scalable Networks webinar (register here or buy a recording) also includes the following routing protocol-specific topics (as well as numerous others described in the previous post):
- OSPF routing in Phase 1 DMVPN networks;
- EIGRP routing in Phase 1 DMVPN networks;
- BGP routing in Phase 1 DMVPN networks;
- Dynamic BGP neighbors;
- DMVPN redundancy;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting guidelines.