When I talk about network automation with enterprise engineers I usually get responses along the lines of “That’s interesting, but it will never happen in my organization. That’s what startups or cloud providers do.”
They couldn’t be more wrong: Thomas Wacker from UBS (one of the top 20 global financial services companies in case you don’t recognize the name) will describe how UBS uses network automation in new data center deployments during our Network Automation DIGS SDN event on September 1st, and we’ll spend the rest of the afternoon focusing on how you could get started and what your first network automation project should be.
I’ll go in even more details during the Network Automation Workshop on September 20th. The Ansible Networking Modules section of that workshop covers these scenarios:
- Standardizing configurations and deploying them on common network devices;
- Dynamically changing network device configurations;
- Verifying software versions;
- Collecting operational data (the example uses ARP tables) from network devices;
- Automatically gathering data related to a troubleshooting ticket;
- Performing automated post-deployment tests.
I'm looking forward to meeting you in Zurich and/or Ljubljana!
Hint: you might want to register for the workshop on NIL.com web site (they’re organizing the event) as they have a bit lower price in EUR.