Summer seems to be the perfect time to revisit old posts. Here are a few from 2008 and 2010.
The top hit of March 2008 was the UDP flood in Perl closely followed by the mysteries of the “Internet” BGP community. I was also writing about tracking the DHCP default route and detecting router restarts.
Interesting posts from March 2008
- UDP flood in Perl
- The misteries of the “Internet” BGP community
- Track the DHCP default route
- SNTP will not work if you've configured NTP
- WAN IP addresses and subnet masks
- How do I detect router restarts?
- When “copy” actually means “merge”
- Detect CPU spikes with Embedded Resource Manager
- Detect routers operating in process-switching mode
- Scale your Internet backbone with core MPLS, BGP on the edge
- Use extended access-lists to filter BGP updates
- Eternal question: unequal cost load-balancing