Last September when I ran the original Overlay Virtual Networking webinar Juniper Contrail team and Nuage Networks weren’t ready to share the details of their solutions. In the meantime I got technical documentation from both of them and included them in the Following Packets across Virtual Networks update session (register here).
The update session describes in-depth details of the data plane implementations (that’s where the Following Packets part comes from) and covers the following technologies and solutions:
- Cisco Nexus 1000V in multicast and unicast mode;
- vCNS 5.5 (multicast VXLAN);
- VMware NSX (unicast VXLAN and Open vSwitch).
Layer-2 and layer-3 gateways
- Generic solution with VM-based appliances;
- VMware NSX layer-2 and layer-3 gateways;
- Cisco VXLAN gateway.
Layer-2 segments with distributed layer-3 forwarding
- Distributed routing in VMware NSX for vSphere and multiple hypervisors;
- Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP).
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization;
- Juniper Contrail.