One of my readers couldn’t figure out which IPv6 webinar to buy. He wrote:
I bought your Service Provider IPv6 Introduction webinar. I’m also interested in Building IPv6 Service Provider Core and Building Large IPv6 Access Networks. I realized that the second training is not released yet and it says that it's an update session for the first training, so do I need to buy both? I would like to download all the material related to the trainings so I would watch them whenever I need.
What can you buy?
- You can buy the recordings of the Service Provider IPv6 Introduction and Building IPv6 Service Provider Core webinars.
- You can register for the first Building Large IPv6 Access Networks live WebEx session. It will never be available as a standalone recording but will become part of the Building IPv6 Service Provider Core recording.
What will you get?
- You'll get access to the PDF materials immediately after registering/buying the recordings (I published the final draft of "Building Large IPv6 Access Networks" PDF on Friday).
- Building Large IPv6 Access Networks webinar includes access to all materials of the Building IPv6 Service Provider Core one. If you register for the live WebEx session, you’ll get access to all materials and recordings of both webinars.
- Likewise, since Building Large IPv6 Access Networks is an update to the Building IPv6 Service Provider Core, anyone that ever bought a recording or attended a WebEx session of the latter gets access to all materials and recordings of the former.
More generic answers
- Most of my webinars are available as recordings after live sessions. You can purchase recordings individually or get them as part of the yearly subscription.
- All recordings are initially streamed from the WebEx server. These recordings are available within 24 hours of the live WebEx session, and you can play them on Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux (some people are experiencing problems on Linux - those problems seem to be distribution- and/or 64-bit specific).
- Eventually, I convert streamed WebEx recording to MP4 videos that can be downloaded and played on an iDevice (among other options). However, while the conversion process runs (somewhat) automatically, I have to clean up the results and split them into manageably-small files. The clean-up process is time-consuming, so I can't commit to specific release dates for individual webinars.
If you buy "Building IPv6 SP Core" recording, you'll get access to Building Large IPv6 Access Networks recording after the session.