Following the ADSL QoS discussions, I decided to test “a few” things in the lab. I didn’t want to build a huge lab with DSL modems and DSLAM and decided to emulate an end-to-end DSL network with routers.
Step 1: Create a PPPoE session between a client (SOHO router) and a server (NAS). I’d never configured it before, so I’ve visited uncle Google first. It gave me tons of useless hits (no wonder) and a few somewhat useful ones. All of them used the old VPDN-centric PPPoE syntax. It seems I’ve stumbled across another “niche spot”: PPPoE testbed implemented with recent IOS configuration syntax (bba-group).