A lot of times, I get questions like "how do I configure BGP on my 2800-series router". As so much has been written about this topic, I'd just like to give you a list of resources:
- Cisco has published excellent in-depth document as part of Cisco IOS documentation
- A lot of BGP technical documents can be found in BGP resource center on CCO, including a simple document on BGP multihoming.
- Someone has put together a comprehensive list of BGP-related books on Amazon.com
- ... out of those books, the Internet Routing Architectures is a must-have.
- If you'd like to know more about BGP, attending a Configuring BGP course might be a good idea (more so as passing the corresponding exam counts toward your CCIP certification).
- If you're a Cisco partner, you can get BGP-related remote labs free of charge: